KENOSHA, Wis. – The Olivet College men's and women's swimming & diving teams finished in sixth- and eighth-place at the A3 Carthage Classic Dec. 1-3 inside the Koenitzer Aquatic Center in Kenosha, Wisconsin. The Comet men had 340 total points to finish 25 ahead of seventh-place Millikin (Ill.) University and 214 ahead of eighth-place Alma. The Olivet women totaled 230.50 points.
FOR THE MEN
- Freshman Justin Maidlow had the Comets' best individual swimming finish, placing ninth in the 100-yard breaststroke with a time of 2:23.11. He was also ninth in the 100-yard individual medley at 58.31 seconds.
- Freshman Zach Meharg clocked-in with the 10th best time in the 400-yard medley at 4:38.72.
- Senior Bryce Prudden scored 319.70 points on the one-meter diving board to finish eighth. Freshman Dalton Miner was right behind him in ninth-place with 312.25 points. Both had the same finish on the three-meter board, as Prudden had 325.95 points and Miner had 302.90.
FOR THE WOMEN
- Freshman Amelia Tomalka posted Olivet's highest individual swimming finish, finishing 11th in the 100-yard individual medley with a time of 1:06.51.
- Freshman Abbie Slater was ninth on the three-meter diving board with 268.45 points.
- Olivet is now idle until Saturday, Jan. 7, 2017, when it travels to Kalamazoo College for Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association dual meets against the Hornets, starting at 1 p.m.