HILLSDALE, Mich. – The Olivet College men's and women's swimming & diving teams competed in a non-conference double dual meet against the host Chargers and Notre Dame College of Ohio today at McAvoy Natatorium in Hillsdale. The Comet men lost to Notre Dame, while the women split the double dual, edging Notre Dame by nine points and losing to Hillsdale.
- Women – Hillsdale def. Olivet 165-77; Olivet def. Notre Dame 110-101
- Men – Notre Dame def. Olivet 151-117
FOR THE WOMEN
- Freshman Abbie Slater swept the diving competition, scoring 141.75 points on the one-meter board and 169.30 points on the three-meter board.
- Freshman Katie Hansel was fourth in the 100-yard freestyle, 1:02.96; and fifth in both the 50-yard backstroke, 34.08; and 50-yard freestyle, 27.81.
- Sophomore Sabrina Butler placed fourth in the 100-yard butterfly, 1:13.27.
- Sophomore Delaney Graham touched the wall fourth in the 50-yard breaststroke, 35.53.
- Freshman Amelia Tomalka clocked-in at 5:58.34 in the 500-yard freestyle to finish in fourth-place.
FOR THE MEN
- Freshman Dalton Miner won both diving events, recording 178.10 points on the one-meter board and 169.30 points on the three-meter board.
- Freshman Eric Wood took first-place in the 500-yard freestyle, 5:20.32; and second-place in the 200-yard freestyle, 1:57.64; and 50-yard freestyle, 23.73.
- Freshman Zach Meharg was first in the 200-yard individual medley, 2:15.93; and second in the 1,000-yard freestyle, 11:05.44.
- Freshman Lucas Bunn had a runner-up time of 24.85 seconds in the 50-yard butterfly.
- Senior Zak Gray placed second in the 50- and 100-yard breaststroke at 32.65 and 1:12.63, respectively.
- Sophomore Bryan Plesner finished second in the 100-yard backstroke, 1:02.02; and 500-yard freestyle, 5:28.60.
- Olivet hosts Hope College for a Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association dual meet next Saturday at 1 p.m.