ALMA, Mich. – The Olivet College men's soccer team dropped a 2-1 decision to Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) foe Alma College this afternoon at Scotland Yard in Alma.
Final Score: Alma 2, Olivet 1
Location: Scotland Yard; Alma, Mich.
Records: Alma 2-8-3 overall, 2-5-2 MIAA; Olivet 1-10-3 overall, 0-6-3 MIAA
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Scots led 2-0 at halftime behind goals by Hebren Hein in the 10th minute and Tanner Parrett in the 15th minute.
- The Comets got on the scoreboard in the ninth minute of the second half when sophomore Courtney Skerritt found the back of the goal. Junior Alistair Law was credited with an assist on the goal.
FOR THE COMETS
- After getting out-shot 16-3 in the first half, Olivet out-shot the Scots, 18-6, in the second half.
- Law and Skerritt led the way with six shots apiece.
- Freshman Joshua Rosendale and senior Evan Shirkey each had three shots.
- Freshman Justin Lavin played the whole game in the goal and registered six saves.
FOR THE SCOTS
- Kyle Farmer had a team-leading four shots.
- Garrison Mast earned the win in goal, recording three saves.
- Olivet stays on the road to play Trine (Ind.) University Saturday at approximately 2 p.m. The game is a part of a soccer doubleheader at Trine, as the Comet women also play the Thunder before the men's game at noon.