OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College men's soccer team came up short to Adrian College, 3-1, in a Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) contest today at the Cutler Athletic Complex in Olivet.
Final Score: Adrian 3, Olivet 1
Location: Cutler Athletic Complex; Olivet, Mich.
Records: Adrian 6-4-1 overall, 5-2-1 MIAA; Olivet 1-9-3 overall, 0-5-3 MIAA
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Bulldogs scored a pair of goals in the first six minutes and 34 seconds of the game. The score stayed 2-0 at halftime.
- The Comets trimmed their deficit in half in the 78th minute. After receiving a pass from freshman Reece Burton, senior Evan Shambaugh blasted in a shot into the goal from 30 yards out.
- Adrian tallied its last goal with 4:38 left in the game.
FOR THE COMETS
- Olivet recorded nine shots.
- Sophomore Courtney Skerritt led the way with two shots, while seven others each had one.
- Freshman Justin Lavin played all 90 minutes in goal and made three saves.
FOR THE BULLDOGS
- Adrian finished with 14 shots, placing six on-frame.
- Zach Combs, Tad Davis and Mark Proctor scored the goals, and Davis had an assist for three total points.
- Combs and Brandon Katona registered three shots apiece.
- Spencer Brown earned the win in goal.
- Olivet plays twice on the road next week. On Wednesday afternoon, they play Alma College at 4 p.m., and on Saturday afternoon, they play Trine (Ind.) University at 2 p.m. Please note the change in the start time for the game at Trine.