ADRIAN, Mich. – The Olivet College men's soccer team was upended by Adrian College, 3-0, in a Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association contest tonight under the lights at Docking Stadium in Adrian.
Final Score: Adrian 3, Olivet 0
Location: Docking Stadium; Adrian, Mich.
Records: Olivet 3-14-2 overall, 3-8-2 MIAA; Adrian 11-6, 9-4 MIAA
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Bulldogs led 1-0 at halftime behind a goal by Brandon Katona in the 18th minute.
- Adrian scored twice in a 10 minute and 38 second span in the second half. The first goal was by Sean Cain off a pass from Chris Stanhope in the 68th minute, and the second goal was an unassisted tally by Wesley Gensler in the 78th minute.
FOR THE COMETS
- Olivet finished the game with 15 shots, but placed only four on-goal.
- Senior Michael Brait topped the team with four shots.
- Sophomore Eli Westers added three shots.
- Junior Nathan Weeks played all 90 minutes in goal and had five saves.
FOR THE BULLDOGS
- Adrian recorded 18 shots, including eight on-frame.
- Katona registered a team-best five.
- Stanhope was next with four.
- Spencer Brown earned the shutout win in goal, collecting four saves.
- The Comets close out their 2016 campaign Saturday night with a 7 p.m. game at Hope College.