OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College men's soccer team fell to Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association leader Calvin College, 1-0, this afternoon at the Cutler Athletic Complex in Olivet.
Final Score: Calvin 1, Olivet 0
Location: Cutler Athletic Complex; Olivet, Mich.
Records: Calvin 13-2 overall, 10-1 MIAA; Olivet 3-13-1 overall, 3-7-1 MIAA
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Knights scored the only goal in the 14th minute. Trent Vegter played the ball to the feet of Mitch Stark. Olivet's keeper came out of the box, looking to knock the ball out of the way. Instead, Stark sent a shot into the center of the net.
- The Comets earned a couple corner kicks and free kicks to set-up set pieces, but they were never able to get a shot off the first touch.
FOR THE COMETS
- Late in the game, Olivet recorded two of its three shots, as senior Michael Brait and sophomore David Magallon had their shots blocked by the defense.
- Junior Nathan Weeks made seven saves, while facing 24 shots in between the pipes.
FOR THE KNIGHTS
- Stephan Hooker recorded a team-leading five shots.
- Ben Mast and Isky Van Doore each had three shots.
- Nate Van Ryn played all 90 minutes in goal to earn the shutout.
- The Comets will play their final home game Saturday when it faces Trine (Ind.) University at 2:30 p.m.