ALMA, Mich. – The Olivet College men's soccer team lost 1-0 in double overtime to Alma College in a Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association game today at Scotland Yard in Alma.
Final Score: Alma 1, Olivet 0 (2OT)
Location: Scotland Yard; Alma, Mich.
Records: Alma 10-4-1 overall, 5-3-1 MIAA; Olivet 3-12-1 overall, 3-6-1 MIAA
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Comets had four shots in the first half, with only senior Michael Brait's attempt being on-frame.
- In the second half, Olivet did not have much success on the offensive end of the field until it took five shots in the final 10 minutes. Three of the four shots in the flurry were blocked by the defense.
- The Comets had three shots in the first overtime period.
- Olivet took the first shot of the second overtime session. Off a corner kick, an Alma shot but the shot on the rebound by Sam Falardeau found the back of the net with 6:50 left.
FOR THE COMETS
- Olivet tallied 18 shots in the game.
- Brait led the way with four shots.
- Sophomore Matthew Henderson, junior Sam Jones and senior Gregory Petty each had three.
- Junior Nathan Weeks collected nine saves, while playing the entire game in goal.
FOR THE SCOTS
- Austin Gabris and Kyle Farmer had four shots apiece.
- Kyle Kansman led the way with three shots-on-goal.
- Nick Strait needed to make three saves to post the shutout in net.
- The Comets host MIAA-leader Calvin College next Wednesday at 4 p.m.