ADRIAN, Mich. – The Olivet College men's lacrosse team defeated Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) foe Adrian College, 10-9, today at Docking Stadium in Adrian.
Final Score: Olivet 10, Adrian 9
Location: Docking Stadium; Adrian, Mich.
Records: Olivet 4-5 overall, 2-1 MIAA; Adrian 2-8 overall, 0-3 MIAA
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Bulldogs scored the first three goals of the game.
- The Comets responded with four straight – one in the first quarter and three in the second quarter – to go up 4-3.
- Adrian tied the game at 4-4 with 3:02 left in the second stanza.
- Sophomore Bryce Drew scored off a pass from senior Nino Minaudo to put Olivet ahead 5-4 at halftime.
- The Comets netted three of the first four goals of the third quarter for an 8-5 lead.
- The Bulldogs ended the third quarter on a 4-0 run to take a 9-8 lead entering the fourth quarter.
- Olivet leveled the score at 9-9 when senior Tyler Polendo scored off a feed from freshman Trevor Bailey at the 10:25 mark of the fourth quarter.
- There was no scoring until 3:33 left when Minaudo tallied an unassisted goal for what proved to be the game-winner.
- Adrian had several chances to score the equalizer but failed to get a shot past Olivet senior keeper Drew Radners.
FOR THE COMETS
- Minaudo finished with five points on two goals and three assists.
- Polendo had three goals.
- Bailey tallied three points (one goal and two assists).
- Also scoring goals were junior Drew, Logan Krieger and sophomore Zach Sanders.
- Senior Charlie Haesler notched a team-leading three caused turnovers and seven ground balls.
- Radners made 20 saves, while playing all 60 minutes in the cage.
FOR THE BULLDOGS
- Michael Turner led Adrian with three goals and three assists for six points. He also had a team-best 12 shots.
- Justin Polschuk scored twice, while Cody Schmitt, Alec Richards, Griffin Davison and Matt Scherer recorded one each.
- Brett Farrelly recorded a team-leading seven ground balls.
- Farrelly also collected 23 saves in the cage.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Radner's 20 saves ties for the fourth-most in school history for a game.
- Olivet hosts Kalamazoo College next Wednesday night at 7 p.m.