AUGUSTA, Mich. – The Olivet College men's golf team finished in 10th-place at the Shootout at Stonehedge, hosted by Lawrence Technological University and held at the Stonehedge North and South Golf Course in Augusta.
Location: Stonehedge North and South Golf Course; Augusta, Mich.
Par / Yardage: 72 / 6,683
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The tournament was scheduled to be a two-day, 36-hole tournament. The teams played 27 holes yesterday and planned to play the final nine holes this morning. Due to weather, the final nine holes were not played.
- The Comets had a 27-hole score of 490 (324-166) strokes.
- University of Northwestern Ohio took first-place with a 429 total.
- Joe Montpas from Mott Community College earned medalist honors with a 104, including a 67 on the first 18 holes.
FOR THE COMETS
- Freshman Nicholas Hoffman had a 112 (75-37)
- Senior Tanor Blowers and freshman Cameron Lemon finished with matching 123s. Blowers had an 84-39, and Lemon had a 78-45.
- Senior Sam Knoechel tallied a 137 (87-50).
- Sophomore Zach Sturgill completed his 27 holes in 144 (99-45) strokes.
TEAM SCORES (AFTER FIRST ROUND)
1. Northwestern Ohio, 286-143=429; 2. Grand Rapids CC, 315-118=433; 3. Lawrence Tech, 285-155=440; 4. Mott CC, 293-157=450; 5. Kalamazoo, 301-160=461; 6. Madonna, 306-158=464; 7. Aquinas, 309-161=470; 8. Siena Heights, 313-164=477; 9. Cornerstone, 318-168=486; 10. OLIVET, 324-166=490; 11. Concordia, 349-184=533.
- The Comets are scheduled to wrap-up their season Wednesday, April 18, when they compete at the Trine (Ind.) University A.C. Eddy Invitational. The outing at the Zollner Golf Course in Angola, Indiana, has a 1 p.m. start time.