KALAMAZOO, Mich. – The Olivet College men's basketball team dropped a 126-105 decision to John Carroll (Ohio) University at the Kalamazoo College Hornet Invitational and inside the Anderson Athletic Center in Kalamazoo.
Final Score: John Carroll 126, Olivet 105
Location: Anderson Athletic Center; Kalamazoo, Mich.
Records: Olivet 1-2 overall, John Carroll 3-0 overall
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The first three and one-half minutes of the game were back-and-forth, as neither team led by more than three points. The Blue Streaks took the largest lead for either team, 12-7. Olivet got an old-fashioned three-point play to cut its deficit to two points. The Comets did not get any closer for the rest of the half, as John Carroll led by as many as 15 points twice. Olivet closed the gap to 11 points, 59-48, at halftime.
- After the Comets scored the first basket of the second half, the Blue Streaks went on a 10-0 run to stretch their lead to 19 points, 69-50, at the 17:29 mark. The closest Olivet would get for the rest of the game was 14 points, 75-61.
FOR THE COMETS
- Senior Jalen Adams led Olivet with 40 points on 14-of-21 shooting from the floor and 12-of-14 shooting from the free throw line.
- Junior Tracy Edmond contributed a double-double with 19 points and 10 assists.
- Senior Sirafino Davis had 11 points.
FOR THE BLUE STREAKS
- John Carroll made 41 total baskets, including 21 from behind the arc. The Blue Streaks also drained 23-of-29 free throws.
- Matthew Csuhran came off the bench to score a team-leading 27 points.
- Ryan Berger added 22 points.
- Jackson Sartain and Allen Stokes finished with 17 points each.
- Sean Flannery registered a team-leading 10 rebounds.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Today's game marked the third time in school history that Olivet and John Carroll have played each other in a men's basketball game. The teams split the previous two games, with Olivet winning 86-79 and John Carroll winning 90-83. Both teams won the game on their home court.
- Adams' 40 points are the third-most in school history for a game. His 12 made free throws are tied for third-most.
- Olivet faces Illinois Institute of Technology tomorrow afternoon at 3 p.m.