KALAMAZOO, Mich. – Four players scored in double figures to lead the Olivet College men's basketball team to an 81-69 win over Kalamazoo College this evening at the Anderson Athletic Center in Kalamazoo.
Final Score: Olivet 81, Kalamazoo 69
Location: Anderson Athletic Center; Kalamazoo, Mich.
Records: Olivet 9-13 overall, 5-6 MIAA; Kalamazoo 6-15 overall, 2-9 MIAA
HOW IT HAPPENED
- There were three lead changes and two tied scores in the first three minutes and 29 seconds.
- After the Hornets led 5-4, the Comets went on an 11-2 run to take an eight-point lead, 15-7.
- Kalamazoo battled back and cut their deficit to two points, 22-20, with five minutes left in the first half.
- Olivet outscored the Hornets 20-5 over the final five minutes to take a 42-25 lead at the break.
- The Comets extended their lead to as many as 23 points, 57-34, after senior Aaron Washington made a three-pointer at the 15:05 mark.
- The Hornets would get no closer than 12 points for the rest of the game.
FOR THE COMETS
- Sophomore Thomas Tsalkitzis came off the bench to score a game-high 16 points.
- Junior Jordan Terry chipped-in 13 points.
- Washington and senior Zach Walker each had 12 points.
- Tsalkitzis also posted a team-high in rebounds (five) and assists (four).
FOR THE HORNETS
- Jimmy Paprocki finished with a team-leading 13 points.
- Jake Whitney and Chase Baysdell had 12 and 11 points, respectively.
- Three players each had five rebounds.
- Olivet returns home to face Albion College Saturday night at 8:30 p.m.